To request assistance in your state
Does the state have a RTI website? Yes.
Does the state have a RTI guidance document? Yes.
What does the state allow for SLD
determination? RTI and IQ Discrepancy
Does the state have an RTI Related SPDG
Does the state have RTI Components in its SPP
1 - 10 out of 22
- Mathematics and Response to Intervention: Implications for Instruction
- This intermediate level training session, intended for schools considering implementing Response to Intervention (RTI) in the area of mathematics, is designed to provide information and promote discussion on how the core elements of an RTI model may be implemented for mathematics instruction. Materials include the training PowerPoint and a series of tools including: Pre-post Quiz, Initial Thoughts on Implications, Screening Options Sheet, and a Screening Review Sheet. The resources were developed by the Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network (PaTTAN) in November 2008.
- RTI in Pennsylvania – Funding Considerations: Successful Strategies and Challenges
- This presentation outlines lessons learned and challenges faced around funding stemming the implementation of RTI in Pennsylvania. It also identifies potential funding sources, and training and print resources for RTI. The presentation was given by Joy Eichelberger, Ed.D., Director of Intervention Services and RtI State Lead for Pennsylvania, at the Southeast Comprehensive Center (SECC) Response to Intervention Summit on Funding Models held in February 2009. It is housed with other resources from the Summit on the SECC website.
- Implementing Progress Monitoring: Pennsylvania’s Statewide Approach
- This 2006 presentation provides an overview of Pennsylvania’s statewide progress monitoring initiative. Included is a discussion of the Commonwealth’s approach and outcomes to progress monitoring, which includes the selection of pilot districts, a training plan, a seven-step process, a statewide roll-out of the model, and student outcome data. The presentation was given by Joy Eichelberger, Regina Paulbinsky and Dan Thompson at the Summer Institute of the National Center on Student Progress Monitoring.
- Response to Intervention (RtI) Readiness and Implementation: Self Assessment Tool (pdf)
- This self assortment tool was revised in January 2010 by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. This self-assessment tool is intended to assist schools/districts to determine initial readiness and next steps toward implementation of Pennsylvania’s Response to Intervention strategy for meeting the learning needs of ALL students. The overarching purpose of RtI implementation is to improve educational outcomes for all students.
- A Parent’s Guide to Response to Intervention (RtI)
- This Pennsylvania's parent's document guides parents through the tiers of RTI and provides questions for parents to ask their child's teachers to stay involved with their child's progress and process.
- A Parent’s Guide to RTI in Pennslyvania (pdf)
- This Pennsylvania's parent's document guides parents through the tiers of RTI and provides answers to frequently asked questions and additional resources.
- Using Response to Instruction and Intervention (RtII) for SLD Determination: Application for Approva (pdf)
- This tool provides the structure for schools to document evidence of RtII implementation in reading across 9 key effectiveness indicators. The indicators represent the components of PA’s RtII Framework. Explanations and descriptors are provided for each indicator.
- Response to Intervention (pdf)
- This Pennsylvania Document explains the core elements and each tier of RTI.
- Response to Instruction and Intervention (RTII) Training Modules (pdf)
- This Pennsylvania Module gives a RTII overview, parent's guide, SLD ID guidelines, progress monitoring and intervention guidelines, and guildelines for universal screening.
- Response to Instruction and Intervention (RtII): An Introduction
- This fact sheet provides the PA Department of Education’s vision for Response to Instruction and Intervention in PA. A definition of RtII in PA is provided as well as the core characteristics of the model and descriptions of the three tiers of instruction and intervention. The document provides a clear and concise "snapshot" of RtII in PA.