Does the state have a RTI website? .
Does the state have a RTI guidance document? .
What does the state allow for SLD
Does the state have an RTI Related SPDG
Does the state have RTI Components in its SPP
21 - 30 out of 31
- Universal Screening and Progress Monitoring in Grades K-8 (pdf)
- This presentation provides a detailed examination of assessment in Kansas’s Multi-tiered System of Support. It describes how to use universal screening, progress monitoring, diagnostic assessment, and goal setting to guide instruction in K-8 grades. This presentation was developed by school administrators for the Kansas MTSS Symposium in September 2010.
- Universal Screening and Progress Monitoring in Grades 9-12 (pdf)
This presentation provides a detailed examination of assessment in Kansas’s Multi-tiered System of Support (MTSS). It describes the use of universal screening, progress monitoring, diagnostic assessment, and goal setting to guide instruction in 9-12th grades. This presentation was developed by school administrators for the Kansas MTSS Symposium in September 2010.
- A Comprehensive RtI Model: Integrating Behavior and Academic Interventions (pdf)
- This presentation discusses the integration of behavioral and academic interventions in a comprehensive Multi-tiered System of Support (MTSS). It briefly provides an argument in support of early intervention and scientific research-based interventions. After talking about the frameworks for interventions, the presentation focuses on integrating MTSS and school-wide Positive Behavior Supports (PBIS) in each tier of a three-tier model of supports. A ‘Gap Analysis Form’ is provided at the end of the presentation; leadership teams may use this form to examine existing programs and determine gaps in instructional and behavioral supports. This presentation was developed by school administrators for the Kansas MTSS Symposium in September 2010.
- Creating a Multi-Tier System at the Secondary Level (pdf)
This presentation provides an overview of the implementation of the Kansas Multi-Tier System of Supports (MTSS) in reading at the secondary level in two districts. It addresses the districts’ role in implementation, describes the vision of and challenges encountered during implementation, and delineates the types of resources and assessments used in implementation. The presentation also provides a set of resources including a graphic model of tiered literacy supports at the secondary level, a chart of math and reading tier structures, MTSS reading definitions, and a MTSS resource and assessment matrix. This presentation was given at the 2008 Kansas MTSS Symposium.
- Leading for Learning: RTI (pdf)
- This presentation given by Dr. Alexa Posny, formerly of the Kansas State Department of Education, explains the Multi-Tier System of Supports (MTSS), which is Kansas’ statewide RtI framework. Dr. Posny describes the MTSS and its components, then provides data showing how it has increased student achievement in districts. She also discusses the conditions that allow for successful implementation as well as the tiered system of support for behavior and academics. This resource may be useful for state administrators trying to structure and implement a statewide RtI framework.
- EVALUABILITY ASSESSMENT FOR THE EVALUATION OF THE KANSAS MULTI-TIER SYSTEM OF SUPPORTS (pdf)
- The WestEd evaluation team will design, pilot, fine, and implement an evaluation system that measures the statewide progress of MTSS toward its main goal: creating a statewide system of support to local schools and districts in order to increase school capacity to use resources in ways that enable every child to be successful. The project is intended to provide formative and summative evaluation
information to KSDE for improving and sustaining MTSS at the school, district, and state levels. This 2010 document outlines this plan.
- MTSS Brief: SIT and MTSS (pdf)
- This 2011 document outlines Kansas's policies and procedures in effect to ensure that all children with exceptionalities (those who have disabilities and those who are gifted) and who are in need of special education and related services are identified, located, and evaluated (Kansas State Department of Education, 2008).
- MTSS Brief: Differentiated Instruction within MTSS (pdf)
- This 2011 Kansas DOE document explains the importance and how-to of differentiated instruction.
- MTSS Brief: School-wide Behavior within the Kansas MTSS (pdf)
- This 2010 document from Kansas DOE explains some characteristics of effective school‐wide behavior support systems.
- MTSS Brief: Special Education within a MTSS (pdf)
- This 2010 document from the Department of Education in Kansas explains how MTSS is a thoughtful and intentional redesign of educational practices and supports provided by general education and entitlement programs, such as Title I
and special education to ensure that the needs of all students are being met in the most effective and efficient way possible.